Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feels like Home

Curling up with a blanket, a good book and a mug of steamy hot chocolate in front of the soft glow of a warm fire.
Or sleeping in nothing but a sheet as the damp summer breeze wafts through the windows on a rainy August night.

Calm...
Comfort...
Safety...
Peace...
Tranquility...
Love...

 
That is how this man makes me feel. My other-half. My sweet, darling husband.





No matter what has happened in the time between his quick goodbye kiss in the morning and the longer, lingering kisses in the dark hours of night. I can wrap my arms around him and know that everything is just how it should be....

He is the calm to my storm, the voice of reason in an otherwise chaotic life

In a little over a week we will celebrate being together for 4 years... 4 magical, terrible, wonderful, crazy years.

He makes me a better person and I think that I do the same for him.

He is my 2nd marriage. We often joke that my first marriage was "practice" My life now is so completely different from what it was then... and throughout all of the pain, tears and the heartache that was my life then... I do not regret any of it. I think without that experience, I wouldn't be able to love and appreciate the life I have now.

And how he loves our babies.... there is nothing that makes my heart skip a beat more than watching daddy curled up on the couch with a sleeping baby...

I can find them snoozing together, atleast a few times a week...


He says there isn't anything better than having your baby fall asleep on your chest...



I say that there isn't anything better than knowing you feel that way...

This man who has been so patient with his relationship with my oldest. My sweet Kaden, who for the longest time didn't want to share his momma with anyone. Hearing him call Clay dad, and watching him jump into his arms on occasion makes me melt. Clay teaches Kaden things that I used to worry that he would miss having only his momma; baiting a hook, throwing a football and he is now going to be coaching Kaden's soccer team. Their relationship is still a work in progress, but the foundation is solid....

**please ignore Kaden's sweet 'do we were between haircuts lol


I am so blessed to be so loved
                         

2 comments:

  1. my favorite part:
    He says there isn't anything better than having your baby fall asleep on your chest...
    I say that there isn't anything better than knowing you feel that way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great Job sis! But everything on here is about clay. gross! LOL

    ReplyDelete